Skip to main content

tsk..tsk...tsk...!

It wasn't a good idea. Taking the whole family out to buy a pair of boots for Karen. But hey, it's Friday and hubby's day off. The thought of spending time together looked promising or so I thought. After almost half hour of boots hunting there was still no chance of finding one. Hubby was so impatient to get home(who couldn't blame him?), Erin was howling to get out of the pram and Karen? where was Karen? She was at the toy section--looking amazed with all the Hello Kitty! stuff.

It was not an easy situation to handle . Aside from threatening her that she won't be able to watch Dora, then reprimanding her about her attitude then walking out of the store to get that fresh air because it eventually became so unbearable to stay inside--there was nothing much to do. So then I found myself in one of those comfy chairs giving myself a break, inviting happy thoughts. I looked back at those moments when Karen was still a tiny tot and didn't mind staying in her pram. I missed those days! Then I remembered the one thought I want to have when things like this happen. The one when I see my girls playing together,giggling at some silly stuff. It somehow softened the negative feeling I had.

Then I heard them coming. Oh, well, on with the boots hunting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I wonder...

How can I stop looking up the sky? With it's beauty that never ceases to amaze me.

Our mid-week get away in Dijon

Dijon, one of the cities in France, was the destination of our mid-week get away. The city,which is well known for its mustard,is a 3-hour train ride from Genève via Lausanne. As I've mentioned in my previous post ,this was my first time to visit the city. We arrived mid-day to a gloomy surrounding and headed to Quick, sort of Jollibee here. Yet,the real treat was in the old town. Walking on the paved street for me was like being transported to another era. Aside from Musée des Beaux-Arts Dijon, we were able to visit Cathédrale de Saint Bénigne and the Notre Dame de Dijon. However,due to time constraint we were not able to visit other places. Our evening meal was in Le Théâtre des Sens, a small but cozy restaurant and where I've tried escargot. Yes, I did and blame it on the kir! Our dinner was really good,the waiter was very cheery and accomodating. We stayed at the Hotel Des Ducs where we spent the rest of the night watching crime scene investigation. Ah! the joy of havin

Light in the sky

For a long time I am fascinated by the sky, but this has been fuelled up when I joined Sky Watch Friday . I am really thankful for this!